Look of the day: Karen Tamblyn

Look of the day: Karen Tamblyn
www.sfluxe.com

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Paris Fashion Week: Andrew GN

Scooter Ride from Andrew Gn Show to The Ungaro at Carrousel du Louvre


My Diary In Paris: First Day

What a way to open my week in Paris during "Le semaine de la mode"....I arrived in Paris without my luggage, which happened to be missing for two days courtesy of Air Canada.....I survived on high heels and what I had in my carry-on. And last, but not least my camera broke.

Regardless of all minors obstacle, which I survived...my biggest moment was by far my encounter with idol, the icon Karl Lagerfeld, at Collette on my first day in Paris, Without any doubt, it was the most remarkable moment during my trip to the Capital of the Fashion World, Paris!!!!

It turned out to be a "magnifique" first day........Lunch at Costes, Private show at the Ritz with Photographer Iris Brosch, dinner at Pershing Hall and Private pre-party at Plaza Athenee hosted by owners of the house of Ungaro Isha and Asim Abdullah.

Among the fabulous San Francisco crowd attending PFW were my dear friend Joel Goodrich, Victoria Sawyer, TV Host Sophie Azouaou, Melodie Johnson, Journalist Teresa Williamson, Chateau Owner Olivia Decker, Jorge Maumer, Heidi Pettit, Ari Kalfayan, Erick Irigoyen, among others.


My second Day in Paris: Andrew GN Fashion Show

Front Row Gn



White Bolero in Guipure with patchwork

Tea Rose Triple Silk Crepe Top


Indigo Sculpted Mini Dress in Silk MIkado

On October 3 at L'Ecole Nationale Superieure Des Beaux -Arts, the Singapore-born and Paris-based fashion designer, Andrew GN opened his show with clothes that were chic and beautiful and fabulously embellished. The collection embraced the most exquisite fabrics form white guipure lace, organza and silk crepe and embroidered epoulettes.

GN Opened his show with a series of white wool linen skirts, shorts and jacket with enameled pansy buttom or organza flower appliques. These were followed by pieces with multi-patchwork lace and flower appliques and its collection was wrapped up with gorgeous and dramatic floor sweeping silk mousseline halter gowns in shades of violet, teal and jade just to make sure we, the women, garner the attention we crave.

Without any doubt this collection was made for the women with a recession-proof bank account. It was a romantic collection that embraced jeweled embellishments accenting the waist or the shoulders and brodeire anglaise blouses to make the woman feel gorgeous and polished.


Halter Gown in Silk Mousseline With Flower Appliques




Andrew Gn

Of course, after the show I then went to the Ungaro Show at Carrousel du Louvre in such Paris style, on a scooter ride, the only way you can make it to the next show on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment